ICT40120 Certificate IV in Information Technology
The ICT40120 Certificate IV in Information Technology is a nationally recognised qualification that provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a wide range of general information and communications technology (ICT) technologies and to support small to medium enterprises (SMEs) that require broader rather than more specialised ICT support.
Persons working at this level apply a wide range of knowledge and skills in basic networking, ICT support, database development, programming and web development support; working safely and ethically in a sustainable work environment.
VET National Code: ICT40120
CRICOS Course Code: 104771C
Duration: 52 weeks, including 44 study weeks and 8 weeks of holidays
Study Load: 20 hours a week in the classroom
Delivery Mode: Face-to-Face
Tuition Fee: AUD $12,000
Enrolment and Material Fee: AUD $500
Location: 53-55 Dryburgh Street, West Melbourne VIC 3003
To achieve this qualification, the learner must demonstrate competency in 20 units of competency.
The qualification comprises of:
- Core units = 7
- Elective units = 13
BSBCRT404 Apply advanced critical thinking to work processes
BSBXCS404 Contribute to cyber security risk management
ICTICT426 Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices
ICTICT443 Work collaboratively in the ICT industry
ICTICT451 Comply with IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
ICTPRG302 Apply introductory programming techniques
ICTSAS432 Identify and resolve client ICT problems
ICTICT433 Build graphical user interfaces
ICTNWK422 Install and manage servers
ICTNWK423 Manage network and data integrity
ICTWEB452 Create a markup language document
ICTCYS407 Gather, analyse and interpret threat data
ICTICT425 Implement WHS, environmental sustainability and antidiscrimination practices in an ICT workplace
ICTICT429 Determine and confirm client business requirements
ICTNWK425 Build small wireless local area networks
ICTPMG411 Support small scale ICT projects
ICTPRG436 Develop mobile applications
ICTSAD402 Develop and present ICT feasibility reports
ICTWEB441 Produce basic clientside script
ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
- Learners must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Completed the equivalent of Australian Year 12.
- Participate in a pre-training review interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs. This will also include an LLN Assessment and computer skills assessment. Students must achieve ACSF Level 3 for each domain for their LLN assessment.
International students, applying either off-shore or on-shore will require:
- IELTS* score of 5.5 (test results must be no more than 2 years old). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- educated for 5 years in an English speaking country; or
- completed at least 6 months of a Certificate III level course in an Australian RTO; or
- successful completion of an English Placement Test.
Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. You are required to provide your results so that we can confirm they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
Course related work, prior study and/or experience relevant to this course may entitle you to subject credits or recognition.
After attaining the Certificate IV in Information Technology, learners may undertake the following pathways:
- ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology
- ICT60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
After the successful completion of this qualification, there are several career pathways, which includes but not limited to:
- IT Technician
- Help Desk Analyst
- Network Support Technician
Orientation event is held before the start of the term. The students will be provided information their course, the requirements of attendance and assessment submissions, and the support services available.