ICT60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
The ICT60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology is a nationally recognised qualification that provides advanced skills and knowledge for an individual who have significant experience in specialist technical skills, or managerial business and people management skills.
Individuals working at this level carry out complex specialist tasks, often working independently, leading a team or working the stakeholders on strategic business direction. These professionals apply their skills across a wide range of industries and business functions, or they can be a business owner.
Course Code: ICT60220
CRICOS Code: 113454H
Duration: 78 weeks, including 60 study weeks and 18 weeks of holidays
Delivery Mode: Face-to-Face
Tuition Fee: AU$18,000
Enrolment and Course Material Fee: AU$500
Location: 53-55 Dryburgh Street, West Melbourne VIC 3003
To achieve this qualification, the learner must demonstrate competency in 16 units of competency.
The qualification comprises of:
- Core units = 6
- Elective units = 10
BSBCRT611 Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
BSBTWK502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
ICTICT608 Interact with clients on a business level
ICTICT618 Manage IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments
ICTSAD609 Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment
ICTICT523 Gather data to identify business requirements
ICTPRG535 Build advanced user interfaces
ICTPRG537 Implement security for applications
ICTSAD507 Design and implement quality assurance processes for business solutions
ICTSAD508 Develop technical requirements for business solutions
ICTSAD509 Produce ICT feasibility reports
ICTDBS505 Monitor and improve knowledge management systems
BSBPMG537 Manage project procurement
BSBPMG532 Manage project quality
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed the equivalent of Year 12.
- Participate in a pre-training review interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs. This will also include an LLN assessment and computer skills assessment. Students must achieve ACSF Level 4 for each domain for their LLN assessment.
International students, applying either off-shore or on-shore will require:
- IELTS* score of 5.5 (test results must be no more than 2 years old). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- educated for 5 years in an English speaking country; or
- completed at least 6 months of a Certificate III level course in an Australian RTO; or
- successful completion of an English Placement Test.
Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. You are required to provide your results so that we can confirm they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
After attaining the Advanced Diploma in Information Technology, learners may undertake other advanced diploma qualifications or pursue a bachelors.
Potential employment options are as a Manager or Support Officer in the IT industry or a range of industry areas.
Orientation event is held before the start of the term. The students will be provided information their course, the requirements of attendance and assessment submissions, and the support services available to students.