ICT50120: Diploma in Information Technology
The ICT50120 – Diploma in Information Technology is a nationally recognised qualification that provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to administer and manage information and communications technology (ICT) support in small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) using a wide range of general ICT technologies.
People working at this level provide a broader rather than specialised ICT support function, applying a wide range of higher level technical skills in ICT areas such as networking, IT support, database development, programming and web development.
Course Code: ICT50120
CRICOS Code: 104772B
Duration: 60 weeks, including 50 study weeks and 10 weeks of holidays
Delivery Mode: Face-to-Face
Tuition Fee: AU$14,000
Enrolment and Course Material Fee: AU$500
Location: 53-55 Dryburgh Street, West Melbourne VIC 3003
To achieve this qualification, the learner must demonstrate competency in 20 units of competency.
The qualification comprises of:
- Core units = 6
- Elective units = 14
BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts
BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
ICTICT532 Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
ICTSAS527 Manage client problems
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed the equivalent of Year 12.
- Participate in a pre-training review interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs. This will also include an LLN assessment and computer skills assessment. Students must achieve ACSF Level 4 for each domain for their LLN assessment.
International students, applying either off-shore or on-shore will require:
- IELTS* score of 5.5 (test results must be no more than 2 years old). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- educated for 5 years in an English speaking country; or
- completed at least 6 months of a Certificate III level course in an Australian RTO; or
- successful completion of an English Placement Test.
Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. You are required to provide your results so that we can confirm they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
After attaining the Diploma in Information Technology, learners may undertake the following pathways:
- ICT60220 Advanced Diploma in Informaiton Technology
Potential employment options are as a Manager or Support Officer in the IT industry or a range of industry areas.
Orientation event is held before the start of the term. The students will be provided information their course, the requirements of attendance and assessment submissions, and the support services available to students.